7th Sea...is BACK~!!!!

Have a question about the rules? Need some help with your latest plot? Just love talking about 7th Sea with others who share your love? Well this is the place

Re: 7th Sea...is BACK~!!!!

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:27 pm

Am I seeing a new nation?!?
Attachments
john wick pics.png
john wick pics.png (126.93 KiB) Viewed 60941 times
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Kormak » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:23 pm

Black Jack Rackham wrote:Am I seeing a new nation?!?

Possibly! Or maybe it's a new name for Vendel? Unless Vendel is folded into Vesten in the chapter describing the nations (which seems to be the case, with the mention of "dominating Théa's economy")?
I can't read the first name, though, only "Commonwealth". And apparently it's an amalgam of two nations?
If they're adding a new nation, though, I kind of wish they'd add an equivalent to Portugal, considering how important it was during the Age of Discovery in the real world.
Kormak

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:55 pm

It actually says Sarmatian Commonwealth. He's been talking a lot about the Poles (went to a con there and was very impressed) so I'm guessing that's what that is.
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Kormak » Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:39 pm

Oh, yeah, I kind of forgot about this, sorry:

Black Jack Rackham wrote:
Kormak wrote:...It should be "Totenbeschwörung".

Two of the folks posted to that pic that they thought it should be, "Totenbeschwoerung"[...]

They're the same thing. :-) When you don't have access to an umlaut, you can use the "oe" phoneme instead. Although it seems that in Middle High German, the word used was actually "Nekromantie"; "Totenbeschwörung / Totenbeschwoerung" is modern German.
Kormak

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:40 pm

More WIP pics!

Interestingly, it seems that all the characters now start with 2 pips in stats (at least if the Character Sheet is to be believed).
Attachments
Character Sheet.jpg
Character Sheet.jpg (54.76 KiB) Viewed 60918 times
Inismore.jpg
Inismore.jpg (44.35 KiB) Viewed 60918 times
Work on Avalon.jpg
Work on Avalon.jpg (53.3 KiB) Viewed 60918 times
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:36 pm

Latest news is, Mr. Wick is taking 7th Sea to Kickstarter. So start saving all your pennies now.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Kormak » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:08 am

...Didn't Alderac sell the property back to him? Why would he purchase it if he didn't have the funds to invest in it?
Kormak

Postby MacShidhe » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:22 am

Kormak wrote:...Didn't Alderac sell the property back to him? Why would he purchase it if he didn't have the funds to invest in it?

It's become common practice with a number of gaming companies to use Kickstarters to gauge how popular something will be.
MacShidhe

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:48 pm

MORE PICS COME AND GET EM WHILE THEY'RE HOT!!
Attachments
Map Teaser.jpg
Map Teaser.jpg (20.98 KiB) Viewed 60894 times
More new writing.jpg
More new writing.jpg (82.35 KiB) Viewed 60894 times
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Kormak » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:51 pm

I'm not opposed to adding new nations, but will this Sarmatian Commonwealth actually add anything to the game? Especially if Théah's history continues to be such a simplified version of real-world history?
Kormak

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 pm

It's based on Poland, and that's probably because John Wick went to a convention there and was super impressed with the country's history. As for what it adds, he suggested a number of books/videos to read/sea based on it, here's a couple (EDIT: I can't seem to find any on his FB page aside from the video)

This video http://commonwealth.pl/
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Kormak » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Well, yes, Poland has a rich cultural and historical heritage. So does basically every country in the world. Why add a fictional Poland and not, say, a fictional Austro-Hungarian Empire? Or a fictional Portugal? Or a fictional Greece? And so on and so forth. I mean, recreating the whole of Europe isn't practical, of course; at some point you have to draw a line. But what makes Poland stand out so much it deserves to be added as its own nation, while others which arguably had more of an impact on History have to be subsumed into the nations that already exist? Other than "the Poles treated Wick really well", of course. :-)
Kormak

Postby Lady Grace » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:31 am

I always had the Torres region as my version of Portugal.

Being of Polish heritage, I'm intrigued, especially since I had to deal with "those jokes" growing up. It'd be nice to see its land and people (and maybe bears ;)) given respect.
Lady Grace

Postby Kormak » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:59 pm

Lady Grace wrote:[...](and maybe bears ;))[...]

...Ok, I stand corrected. If there is a new bear cavalry School, fictional!Poland will undoubtedly add a LOT to the game! :-D
On a more serious note, I'm sorry if I seemed dismissive of Poland, Lady Grace.
Kormak

Postby Ikkuhyu » Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:05 pm

Quickly, someone mail that Wojtek shit to John Wick, just to be on the safe side, 'cause holy fuck that is awesome :D
Ikkuhyu

Postby Lady Grace » Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:57 pm

Wojtek has that effect on people. ;)
Lady Grace

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:00 pm

More pics. Or more accurately more detailed pics. Because of this and some of the things he's said, I'm thinking Five Sails is going to be the new Freiburg (detailed town that's its own release).
Attachments
detail of Five Sails.jpg
detail of Five Sails.jpg (27.82 KiB) Viewed 60802 times
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Hmm, what's all this then?

John Wick wrote:Well, my websites are back up... sort of. My service provider is... eh. I'll leave that for later. Meanwhile, it may be a good time to sign up at the ‪#‎7thsea‬ website. Not that I'm saying something is happening next week, starting on the 2nd, but something is happening next week, starting on the 2nd. And if you want to know about it, signing up might be a good idea.

If you know what I'm saying.

Could it be, the KICKSTARTER!?!?
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:10 pm

Hmm, this is an interesting pic...
Attachments
dk.jpg
dk.jpg (41.45 KiB) Viewed 60757 times
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:35 pm

If all Mr. Wick's hinting is accurate, tomorrow should be the beginning of the kickstarter for 2nd Ed.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:45 pm

Ok have to talk teasers. First, they've been releasing some AWESOME artwork for the covers. Second, the books they've discussed thus far have been, 1) Game Book (doesn't look to be separated into Players/GMs, just all in one) and 2) and 3) Nations Book (all the Thean nations in in just two books). AND NOW THE AWESOMEST...

John Wick wrote:Now, you're probably asking, "If all the Nations are going to be in just two books, what other sourcebooks could you do?"

Oh, my friends, we have so much in store to show you. That includes Nations outside of Théah. Not just the Crescent Empire, no. The core book is just the beginning of a long and wide look at the entire world. Théah is just the beginning. We're going to see new cultures, meet new people, learn new traditions and broaden the scope of who is a hero in 7th Sea. In fact, our very first sourcebook...

And here's the artwork just in case any of you haven't gotten on the mailing list yet (and for Theus' Sake WHY NOT?!?!)
Attachments
Nations Book.jpg
Nations Book.jpg (123.76 KiB) Viewed 60715 times
Main Book.jpg
Main Book.jpg (138.3 KiB) Viewed 60715 times
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:33 pm

And pic #3 The New World
Attachments
The New World.jpg
The New World.jpg (150.49 KiB) Viewed 60695 times
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Quickstart rules are out if you signed up for the mailing list www.sailthe7thsea.com and there's still time to sign up now if you want to grab yourself an early copy!!!
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Postby Kormak » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:44 pm

I joined the list. Where can I check the old e-mails?
Kormak

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:19 pm

Kormak wrote:I joined the list. Where can I check the old e-mails?

Not sure about that but if you give me your email addy, I can foreword them all to you.
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 7th Sea Discussion (Rules/Play/Whathaveyou)