The First Tome - Sophia's Daughters Re-Imagined

This is the place to put finished products you want to share with everyone else or to ask for the location of finished products you need to complete your collection (But PLEASE for goodness sake, search this forum first before putting out a request). If you have an unfinished product or are seeking feedback, head on down to Works in Progress below.

The First Tome - Sophia's Daughters Re-Imagined

Postby Black Jack Rackham » Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:14 pm

Many, many, (many, many) years ago when I first started playing 7th Sea and reading all the books, I remember reading the PHB in the section under Secret Societies and, as I read through Sophia's Daughters, thought "Swashbuckling Feminists? How cool is that?!?!" I also remember my disappointment reading the SD book. Gone were the Feminist ideals in favor of women who were doing the sidhe's bidding. And lets not forget the Son's of Lugh, and their game-breaking traits.

I will admit I lost interest in SD. It became more of a book I had to complete the set than a book I'd refer to. I can only recall one game (and a one-shot at that) that involved the SD*. But I never forgot the idea of Swashbuckling Feminists.

Cut to the beginning of the COVID lockdown. I had been working on Heroes of Altamira for over a decade at that point, and we were (and are) nearing it's end. People were asking me what the second campaign was going to be like and if I had any ideas for it. Then I thought, well, heck, I do want to use every secret society for this meta-campaign, so I ought to use SD. But the truth is, they are game-breaking. Their power to instantly tell who the heroes and villains are is going to ruin any attempts at subterfuge and this reliance on the sidhe will put a huge roadblock to the story I want to tell. But more importantly, I just don't like SD as written. I want the Swashbuckling Feminists I was promised...

And just like that, I had to start writing. Here is the culmination of my work, The First Tome. Please feel free to enjoy it and spread it around far and wide.

Oh and come join our living campaign (http://www.guildofsanmarcos.net). We'd love to have you.

Mark

The First Tome.pdf
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 353 times

*If you want to know how it went, read this book under the section marked, "The Feast of St. Columba, Numa, Tertius 30, 1650."
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Black Jack Rackham
Site Admin

Return to eBooks and FanSubs